On Friday evening June 14, 2019, the 10thAnnual Detroit Tiger Fundraiser for FAWN (Fighting AIDS with Nutrition) was again spearheaded by the Wayne County Pharmacists Association at Comerica Park. It was the Detroit Tigers vs. the Cleveland Indians. This was truly a “pharmacy family event” with invitations being sent to all MPA locals to show their support by attending. Attendees included many pharmacists along with families and friends along with technicians pharmacy students and pharmacy educators. Members also came from the St John Armenian Church community as well as the Faith Christian Assembly. This year’s event sold 91 tickets raising $1100 for FAWN, much coming in the form of donations by those unable to attend. It was a fun event. The weather was perfect, the magnificent fireworks at the end were an added bonus. Even the Tigers being soundly beaten with a final score of 14 to 3, could not put a damper on this great event.
- FAWN VISITED AN ORPHANAGE TO GIVE SCHOOL SUPPLIES
- From the university to schools everyone knows someone who died from AIDS
- The Value and Need for Nutrition When Fighting HIV/AIDS
- Forbidden, is an official selection in the Trinity International Film Festival
- Nine volunteers went to World Medical Relief (WMR)